Sunday, February 10

Akiva Orr, co-founder of Israeli radical left Matzpen party, passes away | +972 Magazine

It is with great sadness that I was told of the passing of Akiva Orr. Akiva Orr was a good friend of my friend Dr. Bernard Hurwitz, a veterinary surgeon from Yanuv, who treats my dog. Whenever I would come to visit Bernard, Aki was there and we always discussed South Africa as he knew many friends of my late father, Chaim Klein, who were banned and living in exile in London, where he had studied and lived. I was impressed with his incredible intellect and we soon found a common language. He was an interesting person, a very special person andit was today that Bernard phoned me to tell me that he found Aki dead in his home in Tenuvot. I was shocked and saddened by this tragic news. He is one of the last, true idealists whom I had come to respect. My heartfelt sympathies go to his daughter and ex-wife. He will be sorely missed.



Akiva Orr, co-founder of Israeli radical left Matzpen party, passes away | +972 Magazine:


'via Blog this'
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: